This week I hiked to the top of the Y Mountain. Starting at the Y, there is a little trail that goes around the mountain to the canyon on the south. A nice cool breeze will welcome you as you travel up the canyon. You’ll arrive at some beautiful meadows on the backside of the mountain. From there the trail continues to the top.
- It’s a beautiful hike.
- Average incline the whole way.
- This trail is best hiked in the middle of Summer — there is a cold breeze that blows down the mountain, and the trail is often covered in snow.
- The hike up to the Y is the most popular hike in the area, and so parking can overflow into the neighborhoods below.
- History of the Y — There is quite a lot of history behind this trail.
- A trail report by Hyrum
- Another trail report. This one has good directions.
Max elevation: 8488 ft
Total time: 03:43:06