There is a little know side trail on the way to Stewart falls that will take you to the top of the falls, allowing you to see a side of the falls not many people see. There are also a few more waterfalls you can hike to from the top of the falls.
- The trail is hikeable all year long.
- You get to see a side of the falls most people don’t get to see.
- The view from the top of the falls is nice.
- The trail is hard to find.
- If you’re adventurous, you can continue up the mountain to the Cascade Cirque.
- You can also Hike to Stewart Falls from Aspen Grove (there is a $7 fee to do it that way).
Stewart Falls Trailhead
The trail to the top
Hike to the Stewart Falls, and then take the Aspen Grove to Stewart Falls trail. You’ll be going uphill, as soon as you start coming back downhill the trail that leads up to the top of Stewart Falls will be hidden on the East side of the trail. There’s nothing marking the trail, and sometimes they’ll put a log in front of the trail, making it seem like it’s not a valid trail.
Alternatively, let me just briefly say there is a trail that connects the lower falls trail to the Aspen Grove to Stewart Falls trail, so you don’t have to actually travel to the falls first, but I don’t want to try to explain this method.